Welcome to Secret Society of Homeschool Moms!
- Do you know what it’s like to teach long division, fold laundry, wash dishes, and fix three snacks all in the same hour?
- Have you ever grown a bean in a ziplock bag, or deliberately let bread mold on your counter?
- Do you frequently explain geography in the shower?
Well then, you must be a homeschool mom!
I understand what it’s like to wonder where your day went, or to feel like you have been on your feet all day, but really didn’t accomplish anything. I know that homeschooling can be sheer frustration, and amazing joy, all wrapped up in a very long day.
It’s like us homeschool moms need a secret society or something. (Oh yeah, I just did that. Cheesy huh?)
So now, let me introduce myself. I’m Erin, the sometimes goofy, always crazy, voice behind this blog. I am a born-again Christian, who hopes always to be found fulfilling God’s will for my life. I married my Prince Charming 16 years ago, and we have two daughters, ages 8 & 11. We started our homeschooling journey six years ago, and it’s always been an adventure.
So do you need a friend to walk your journey with you? How about someone to spend hours searching for the best tips or creating useful resources just for you? Someone to laugh about this CRAZY way of life with? Then you are in the right place!
What else do I love? Well, I’m glad you asked!
- The Bible is my first love, so I am very passionate about my studies.
- I love to cook, and could discuss simple, healthy food ALL DAY LONG.
- My family & I love to have fun and travel.
- Finally, I really like to socialize, so I would LOVE to hear from you. You can contact me at Erin@SecretSocietyofHomeschoolMoms.com or via my Facebook page. You can also follow me on Pinterest!
So welcome to the society……Grab a cup of coffee & look around. I hope to see you back more often. I might even come up with a secret handshake. For now, check out some of my favorite posts.